We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Baklava is a delicious Arabic sweet that your children are sure to love. They are filo pastry cakes, filled with nuts and bathed in an aromatic syrup with cinnamon, lemon and other spices, leaving a very sweet dessert.
Guiainfantil.com believe that it is a good opportunity to enjoy cooking with your children and help them learn about other cultures. Thus, in addition to learning how to prepare baklava, they will learn more about the gastronomy and customs of other places.
- 500 gr. filo dough
- 250 gr. walnuts
- 250 gr. pistachios
- 250 gr. of butter
- 125 gr. of sugar
- 60 gr. bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 250 grams of sugar
- 450 gr. of water
- 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 185º. Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan over low heat. Place a quarter of the phyllo dough sheets on a tray or mold, lightly brushing the last layer with butter or margarine.
2. Chop the nuts until they are in small pieces. Divide into three piles, spread the first one evenly over the filo dough, and cover with the second quarter of the dough. Grease and spread more nuts, and repeat the operation with the third and fourth layers, until finishing with the filo dough.
3. Cut the dough into triangles and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper. Brush one last time with butter or margarine and bake for 40 - 50 minutes at 185º
4. In a saucepan, heat the water, cinnamon, sugar and a splash of lemon juice until boiling, stirring to thicken. Add the honey little by little and keep stirring for a few minutes to form a syrup.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and immediately drizzle with this syrup until they are well coated. Let cool completely on the same tray and enjoy!
You can read more articles similar to Baklava. Traditional Arabic sweet recipe, in the category of Arabic recipes on site.